Communications careers in Kenya 2013.
Machakos County Government
Machakos County Assembly Vacancies
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Public Communication/Media Relations Officer- Ref: M/CAS/2013/05 (1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate all public relations related activities including publishing or brochures handbooks, flyers, CDs etc
• Updating of the County Assembly website in liaison with the IT department;
• Coordinating of the outreach program
• Coordinating and receiving non VIP visitors to the Assembly
• Prepare press releases, react to media stories and proactive media reporting through the available channels
• Developing comprehensive corporate communication strategies
• Keeping and maintaining all corporate communication records
• Providing professional assistance in all areas of communication, Public Relations and Media Relations
• A degree in social science, international relations, Public Relations, Mass communication or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized university;
• Post graduate qualifications in Public relations and media or any other relevant field will be added advantage
• 3 years experience in handling public relations and media issues;
• Must demonstrate administrative management skills and sound knowledge of media, public relations and communication ability and
• Be competent in use of IT as a working tool.
Suitably qualified applicants will enjoy preferential treatment in the order below:
a) Applicants serving in positions at the County Assembly on the basis of secondment during the transition period.
b) Applicants serving in the Executive arm of the County Government of Machakos
c) Applicants serving in the public service in the Republic.
d) Applicants who are residents in Machakos County
e) Applicants from the rest of the Country
How to apply
a) Each application should be accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity card or passport and other relevant testimonials so as to reach the Clerk, Machakos County Assembly not later than 13th August 2013
b) All applications should have the position being applied for clearly marked e.g. “application for Records Manager” Ref: M/CAS/2013/20 on the Envelop and addressed to:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P O Box 149 – 90100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.