Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job at Recours Four Kenya Consultants in Mombasa
Our client is a reputable international organisation based in Mombasa and providing engineering construction services to transport industry, manufacturing industry, private sector, chemical industry, petroleum industry and food industries is looking to recruit an assistant quantity surveyor to be based at their head office in Mombasa.
The assistant quantity surveyor will be reporting to the head of operations and business development.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities and other documents.
- Preparation of cost analysis and estimates of proposed new and rehabilitation.
- Undertaking cost analysis for project work and providing advice and forecasts about costs.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Providing advice on contractual arrangements and claims.
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costing for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on contractual claims
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments; • maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use; • understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
Quantity Surveyor Job Requirements
- Minimum: Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- A Degree in Building Economics or Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya or members of a recognized professional body will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 3 years quantity surveying experience gained in a busy construction company or consultancy environment and having dealt with construction of pipelines, oil storage tanks, gas systems, earthworks, buildings, road works, mining industry
- Must be computer literate and have proficiency in quantity surveying software such as MS Project, WINQS, Primavera or Master bill. 6. Must possess excellent communication skills 7. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial. 8. A mature individual with high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity
How to Apply:
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 5th Mar 2015. Candidates who currently stay in Mombasa are encouraged to apply.
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro centre in Westlands