UN Careers in Kenya
United Nations Support Office for AMISOM (UNSOA)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Budget Officer, Grade, National Officer,
Vacancy Notice No: UNSOA/FIN/004/2015
Under the direct supervision of the Budget Officer, the incumbent will perform functions relating to the overall coordination of the mission’s budget formulation and allotment management.
UN Job Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and revise data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals;
- Provide support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions;
- Provide inputs into finalization of mission budgets/financial implications of Security Council statements;
- Administer and monitor extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans;
- Monitor budget implementation and determine/recommend reallocation of funds when necessary
UN Vacancy Qualifications
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in accounting, business administration, finance or related fields.
- A first level university degree with relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in accounting, budget or finance may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in budgeting and financial management, preferably in an international organization.
- Experience in UN peacekeeping or other field operations in the area of budget or finance. Knowledge of ERP is desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their curriculum vitae or United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the email address email@example.com on or before the deadline.
Please quote Vacancy Notice Number in the Subject of the e-mail.Deadline 13 March 2015