Chief Accountant Jobs at Nema, Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) is established under the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) of 1999, and as amended thereto, as the Principal Instrument of Government in the implementation of all policies relating to the environment.
The Authority invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position:
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director Finance and Administration for the administration of all financial matters in the Authority.
Chief Accountant Job Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties at this level will include but not limited to
- Organizing and managing the Accounts department
- Coordinating accounting work and advising Management on financial policies and procedures
- Interpreting and applying financial and management policies.
- Budgetary control and implementing of financial returns
- Ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions.
- Designing, reviewing, controlling and implementing the financial management and accounting systems;
- Supervising, guiding, appraising and developing staff in the Accounts section
Requirements for Appointment of Accountant Jobs in Kenya
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A bachelors degree in Accounting or finance from a recognized institution and a holder of a Certified Public Accountants (CPA III)certificate or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A relevant Masters degree from a recognized Institution
- A member of a professional body
- Ten (10) years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance field three of which must be at a senior level.
- Demonstrated professional competence in accounting and financial management
- Meets the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well developed ICT skills/experience in accounting software
- Management skills
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials, current remuneration, current position / grade, expected salary and a daytime telephone contact should be forwarded to the address below by 30th July, 2015
The Director General
Popo Road, off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
N/B: NEMA is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.