Audit Committee Member Job At County Assembly Of Kirinyaga, Kenya (2 Positions)
Pursuant to Section 155(5) of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and Regulation 167(1) of the Public Finance Management (County Governments) Regulations 2015
The County Assembly of Kirinyaga is in the process of establishing the County Assembly Audit Committee. The Audit Committee will support the County Assembly on issues of risk control, governance among other responsibilities. The County Assembly of Kirinyaga therefore invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyans for the positions of the audit committee.
Qualifications For Audit Committee Member Job
- To be appointed as a member of the audit committee, a person should hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya and have knowledge and experience of not less than seven (7) years in any of the following fields:
- Security/Risk Management
- Other requirements
- Members of the audit committee shall
- Have a good understanding of County government operations, financial management and reporting or auditing;
- Have a good understanding of the objects, principles and functions of the County Assembly; and
- Meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.Members of the audit committee shall serve on a part-time basis for a period of three years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term only.
- The allowances payable to the members of the audit committee shall be determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of audit committee if the person; is a past or present employee of the County Assembly of Kirinyaga; or
- has been as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with the County Assembly of Kirinyaga for the last two years.
How To Apply
All applicants should avail copies of current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, KRA, EACC and clearance from any of the clearance bureaus during the interview.
Applications in a sealed envelope together with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates ,national identity cards, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents, clearly marked application for member, County Assembly Audit Committee, should be addressed to
County Assembly of Kirinyaga
P.O Box 55-10300
So as to be received on or before, Monday 27th June 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.