H. Young & Co. (E.A) Ltd is the leading Engineering and Construction Company and has its headquarters in Nairobi Kenya.
The Company’s design, Manufacturing and Construction activities relate to all sectors including Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Mining, Power Generation, Petroleum Industry, Cement among others.
H. Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd recognizes that is success depends on its employees and therefore has a highly qualified mix of both local and International staff that provides quality services and products to consistently meet key objectives and deadlines.
H. Young does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Overall Objective: To manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from project commencement to completion.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Preparations of various tender and contract documents
- Prepare and submit valuations for work done on site.
- Manage variations in the Contract
- Advising the Project manager on contractual matters.
- Preparation of Progress reports.
- Management of subcontractors.
- Undertaking cost analysis for various project activities.
- Advising on procurement requirements.
- Preparing and analysing costing for tenders
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
Educational Qualifications of the Quantity Surveyor:
- Be a holder of a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying
- 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with a contractor.
- Being a registered member of BORAQS shall be added advantage.
Skills Required for the Quantity Surveyor Jobs:
- Impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read, interpret construction drawings / documents and have a good appreciation of construction processes
How To Apply:
Send your application to email@example.com before 21st October 2016.