Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. – (Job Group ‘Q’)
Qualifications for the Senior Assistant Government Chemist Job
- Served for a minimum of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Government Chemist, Job Group ‘P’;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemistry, Food Science and Technology, Forensic Science, Biochemistry or Environmental Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in any of the following fields:- Chemistry, Water Quality
- Management, Water and Environmental Resources, Environmental Science,
- Environmental Management and Planning, Food Science and Technology,
- Biochemistry or Forensic Science from a university recognized in Kenya; attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated high degree of administrative capability, technical and
- Professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Government Chemist Job
An officer at this level shall be responsible to Chief Government Chemist. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- Providing technical advice to Government agencies and the public on matters
- Relating to analytical services, water quality and pollution control;
- Analyzing foods, drugs, crime scene specimens and other materials;
- Ensuring availability of supplies and equipment; and
- Coordinating research projects relating to quantitative and qualitative analysis.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH
DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates. Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016.