Salary: USD 5000 (Net) plus benefits
Our client is a well respected building and construction company, located in Tanzania, providing turn-key solutions to all requirements of construction projects to both public and private sector clients within the country and East Africa region. They seek to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor who will be responsible for implementing cost control and cost measuring systems. He will be expected to study the local environment and the current systems and then streamline systems, processes and implement these within the organisation.
Responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor Job
- Develop and implement Cost Management Systems
- Create a reporting system that captures on a monthly basis key site information
- Analyse projects, review contract documents for on-going projects and provide progress reports to identify key risks and control measures
- Ensure variations and change orders are being tracked and documented effectively with pricing provided to clients in a timely fashion
- Reconcile project costs vs. any variations or change orders that have occurred
- Review how valuations are done for work completed on site and identify process and systems for this and implement any improvement
- Subcontractor Management and implementation of better contract administration process and practices
- Advise management on feasibility of identified tenders/projects and ensure proper documentation of tender documents.
- Liaising with clients and consultants regarding modalities of all tenders and managing the contractual agreements
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client and updating management on the progress.
- In charge of the performance of the tendering department and ensure continuous training and upgrading of QS department staff
- Contact person for any legal entities/advisors for resolving company disputes in regards to the projects
- Maintaining effective and cordial communications with ongoing clients
- Estimating the Final Cost of the project and figures the size of resources required within a specified time frame of the project.
- Chairing Tender Awarded Meetings for handover Estimates to Site team and notify the project managers of any budgetary and technical concerns on the project.
- Final responsibility of tracking down the actual costs of a project to keep the budget down, as the project begins and work progresses, helps site team to negotiate & settle costs associated with outside vendors as well
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Must be a member of IQSK, BORAQS
- 8-10 years experience as Senior QS with a bias in commercial and contractual Management, estimation and tendering in building construction
- Should have vast knowledge in cost reporting and contract administration
- Excellent in using CCS and other estimation software
- Ability to manage FIDIC, JCT and NEC
- International exposure with East African experience will be an added advantage
- Good team player
- Ability to work without supervision
- Very keen attention to details
- Report writing skills
How To Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Senior Quantity Surveyor – Tanzania) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 25th November, 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
To view other job openings please click here