Nanga Organization is a locally registered NGO established by Kickstart Kids International, whose mission is to provide support to orphans and vulnerable children in Kenya.
Nanga values openness, transparency and equality in all its dealings with the local communities we serve, partners, employees, supplier and other organizations/individuals we work alongside.
Nanga oversees and runs the Olturoto Children’s Village (OCV) which is as a transitional home for vulnerable children in Olturoto area, Kajiado North.
We are a duly registered Charitable Children’s Institution (CCI).
As such, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Social worker to apply his/her professional skills under the guidance of the Programme Manager and provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families at OCV leading to successful reintegration.
Social Worker Job Qualifications
- Degree in Social Work from a duly recognized university or related area with at least 3 years of relevant experience working in a Charitable Children’s Institution(CCI) or Diploma in Social work with over 5 years of relevant experience working in a Charitable Children’s Institution(CCI)
- Relevant as above experience working directly with vulnerable children.
- Experience of preparing children and families for reunification and supporting them as they transition into reintegration
- Development and implementation of Child Protection and case management processes
- Valid Driving License with experience driving a manual vehicle and Certificate of good conduct.
The ideal candidate must be willing to reside at Olturoto Children’s Village or as close as possible.
Skills/Abilities/Knowledge Required for Social Worker Job
- Deep knowledge of the Children’s Act and other related legislation in Kenya
- Ability to work with children, families and communities from all backgrounds and to be empathetic
- A wide understanding of the issues surrounding vulnerable children
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Pro-active in developing new opportunities and an excellent networker
- Computer literate and proficient at using email as a primary method of communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and fluency in Kiswahili and English Ability to present progress reports and updates to the management team Motivation/ Outlook
- Highly passionate about child care and children rights
- Resolute and committed to achieving high quality standards of care
- Well organised, self-directed, flexible and committed to achieving high standards
- Results-oriented with the ability to be creative and innovative
- Willing to work long hours including some weekends
For a detailed Job Description visit: http://www.kickstartkidsinternational.com/2016/11/position-vacant-social-worker/
How to Apply
Interested candidates must fill out the application on the Kickstart Kids website. And submit the duly filled form, a cover letter and their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them at our Olturoto Children’s Village by COB on the 15TH NOVEMBER 2016. Candidates must provide their current salary and expected salary in their application letter.
Nanga Organization is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing allowed.