Responsibilities for the Finance Assistant Job
Under the general guidance of Financial Management Officer and direct supervision of the Associate Finance Officer, the incumbent will perform the following functions:-
- Grants Management: Creation of grants, un-released and released budgets in UMOJA; Provide financial and administrative support to the different offices; Review and assist with clearing IOVs (Inter Office Vouchers) in liaison with PMOs (Programme Management Officers) and UNON (United Nations Office at Nairobi; Assist in replenishment of the UNDP SCA (Service Clearing Account);
- Financial Management: Assist in the monitoring of ULOs (Unliquidated Obligations) and send summary report to PMOs for their follow-up and action; Liases with the PMO’s and UNON on the vendor payments facilitation; Creation of shopping carts, funds commitments, purchase orders and service entry sheets to facilitate payments to vendors. Assist in annual financial reports for all projects.
- PAAS (Projects Accrual and Accountability Systems) Monitor and perform system data updating as well as report extraction functions in PAAS to enhance reliable information to end users and support financial analysis.
- Support to Audit and other Admin Issues: Prepare spread sheets and other documents for internal and external auditors; Assist administrative assistants in preparation of donor reports for their projects; Draft correspondence to various offices as and when the need arises.
- Training: Provide guidance and training to interns, new staff and fellow colleagues.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions related to the work of the Finance & Budget Unit. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations and assist on a range of basic legal issues. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view;
Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental technical training in the field of office management, secretarial training or other related field is desirable
- A minimum of five years work experience in the fields of Accounting, Finance, Programme or Project Administration or related area.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset.
How To Apply
NEW Professional CV Writing Service Available. Click Here.