Duma Works is recruiting a Store Manager for our client in Nairobi.This is a great opportunity to join a leading Ladies Fashion Brand in Kenya. The Store manager is the face of the company to most of the clients, and is responsible for providing a world-class customer experience, as well as managing the day-to-day running and performance of the store.
The main purpose of the job is to increase store profits and ensure that excellent customer care standards are met. The store manager is also required to supervise sales assistants where relevant, and assist with merchandising and marketing strategies by reviewing sales records and trends, gathering and sharing information and generating reports.
Responsibilities for the Store Manager Job
- Drive business through hands-on assertive selling, reaching sales targets and increasing company profits
- Establish and maintain professional sales standards & sales techniques.
- Establish brand awareness and in depth product knowledge.
- Execute reductions, price changes and transfers as necessary
- Perform sales support functions related to Point of Sales (POS) procedures
- Understand sales targets and analysis, comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability
- Accurate recording of sales figures
- Provide direct customer service and handle all customer requests, queries and complaints courteously and professionally on the sales floor, in the fitting rooms and at the cash point.
- Advise customers on all aspects of their purchases, including garment care, ringing up sales, handling all required transactions, issuing receipts and packing merchandise
- Ensure fitting rooms are ready for customers by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the sales floor
- Keep the shop floor clean and tidy
- Interview, recruit, on-board, supervise, train, manage and motivate sales staff.
- Ensure proper staff planning according to budget and store needs
- Create and act on plans for future people development needs within the sales team
- Maintain an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive work environment
- Handle performance management issues such as providing ongoing constructive feedback, conducting appraisals and mid-year/annual performance reviews of junior staff/supervisees.
Merchandising & Stock Management
- Maximize all areas of the shop, so the image of the company is presented to the fullest, through appropriate merchandising based on the company’s retail standards
- Overseeing stock control and receiving orders
- Display items (Visual merchandising), ensuring visual standards are presented according to the company’s expectations
- Identify best performers for reorders to drive business
- Identify slow/poor sellers and analyze reasons.
- Identify voids and opportunities based on sales trends.
- Gather competitive information on sales trends, high-demand items and overall performance.
- Manage and ensure stock level is appropriate to maximize selling
- Actively work with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, displaying and merchandising per the company’s guidelines to maximize selling opportunities
Marketing & Promotions
- Assist and follow up on all activities concerning campaigns, promotions and sales activities in-store
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to organize special promotions, displays and events
- Promote the company’s Loyalty Programme
- Keep up to date with on-going marketing opportunities at the mall and develop a good relationship with mall management on behalf of the company
Finance & Operations
- Perform cash, finance and operational functions
- Follow and execute safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Have working knowledge and oversee use of all company systems in stores
- Ensure that store related bills and correspondence are forwarded to Head Office on time
- Follow up with administration and finance to ensure that all store licenses are renewed on time
- Coordinate with relevant parties at head office to ensure that standards for quality, customer service and health and safety at the shop are met
- Communicate issues with the point of sales system, merchandising software, internet etc. in a timely fashion to Head Office.
- Communicate daily with Head office regarding selling information and all shop issues, preparing and submitting required reports such as daily and weekly reports and any others that are relevant for decision making
Important Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Sales (including sales per square foot, and sales per staff)
- Average Customer Spend
- Stock Turnover Rate & Sell Through Rate
- Conversion of foot traffic to sales
- Number of new customers & number of loyalty clients
- Time elapsed between customer entry and representative greeting
- Inventory markdowns/write-offs over time (from launch to removal from shelves)
- Shrinkage (including spoilage, shoplifting/theft and damaged merchandise)
Store Manager Job Requirements
- 3 – 5 years sales experience
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ability to be sales-driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store performance & results and working to improve P&L
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and fashion knowledge
- Ability to take own initiative and take responsibility for actions
- Ability to work strategically, tactically and operationally
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and prioritize effectively
- Ability to take instruction
- Attention to detail
- Experience with leadership, the ability to motivate others, performance management as well as succession planning, and ability to coach and apply appropriate developmental tools
- Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry, are needed
- Strong team-working skills
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, writing), including the ability to be clear and convincing when communicating goals, information and expectations to staff
- The ability to plan and prioritise long and short term goals & workloads and delegate accordingly
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items
- Willingness to travel to the company’s stores outside of Nairobi as required
How to Apply
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2559”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2559 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 12th December 2016