Basic Salary: Ksh.16,692 – 21,304 p.m. (Job, Group “G”)
House Allowance: Paid according to the station of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave Allowance: (once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer. Specific
Responsibilities for the Technician Job
- Repairing parachutes, aircraft safety belts, motor vehicle
- canopies and fabricating loose covers for both aircrafts and vehicles;
- Packing parachutes/dingys for use by soldiers;
- Storing and maintenance of parachutes;
- Maintaining upholstery and fabrics sewing machines and carpet cleaning machines;
- Undertaking interior finishing which include carpeting, upholstery, repairing and modifying seat cushions/covers; and
- determining the strength of repairing materials.
Requirements for the Technician Job
- Craft Certificate Grade III in any of the following fields:- Cushion
- Making, Clothing Technology, Textile Engineering, Upholstery and
- Carpeting, from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
How To Apply
Please quote Ref. MOD/10/1A VOL IX/224. Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with certified copies of the required certificates.
The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary’s officeMinistry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road.