We are currently recruiting in Kenya for our client a key player in the logistics and supply chain industry.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Responsibilities
- Organize and direct operations work flow and job responsibilities within the warehouse to ensure effective management of the receipt, storage, picking, packing, loading at acceptable KPI levels and shipping of products to customers.
- Maintain records of inventory and location for production control and cost accounting to ensure adherence to the company warehouse and distribution practices.
- Conduct inventory control through cyclical stock counts to maintain stock integrity and through this, to ensure that financial stock takes and stock counts are conducted according to client contracts and the company cyclical requirements. This would ensure that stock integrity is maintained in line with the Warehouse Management System.
- Co-ordinate with internal customs department, where required, to ensure that customs clearance procedures are complied with and legal requirements are met.
- Develop good relationship with customer to ensure high customer service levels are maintained at all times.
- Manage and troubleshoot problems with WMS to ensure the operations in distribution center flow continuously and flag errors accordingly and on time.
- Manage and comply with Security and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards & requirements in the distribution center are complied with.
- Manage the development of staff in the warehouse and ensure that the warehouse is staffed with the requisite numbers to maximize their capability and contribution.
- Ensure that expected staff productivity standards are met and maintained within the agreed KPI’s; submit monthly reports to Warehouse Head which would correctly reflect the KPI’s which is driven by the SLAs ie
- Warehouse productivity statistics, Transport and Export KPI’s.
- Interacts with Warehouse Manager to review monthly KPI’s and act on areas of concern.
- Ensures strict staff discipline in the areas of absenteeism, usage of uniform and protective clothing, shoes etc.
Qualification, Experience & Skills for the Warehouse Supervisor Job
- Graduate or Diploma in logistics/warehouse oriented disciplines.
- 5 years of overall warehousing and distribution experience in a systems oriented environment.Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Negotiation skills
SAP KNOWLDGED A MUST
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Warehouse supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th JANUARY 2017