We are currently recruiting in Kenya for our client a leading Manufacturing company in Mombasa .
To inspect equipment condition, measure & analyze trends and identify the needs for maintenance (Mechanical equipment), taking into account production constrains without compromising the safety needs of the plant.
Maintenance Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Contributes to the best level of performance of the plant’s equipment
- Support plant team in ensuring employees and contractors adhere to the Health and Safety Policy as well as adherence to OSHA Act in all the operations by employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance to our Environmental Policy and carry out maintenance activities in a manner that would cause minimum impact to the environment.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of the condition of the plant equipment on a continuous basis.
- Ensure the planned inspection of all plant equipment and initiate work orders based on inspection results, including safety checks. In case of an anomaly, performs first an analysis and prioritise each action.
- Monitors and coordinate condition predictors for all critical equipment i.e. Oil analysis, wear rates, Vibration analysis.
- Follow up preventive maintenance schedules.
- Validate and Update equipment specifications files and History sheets.
- Carry out first level inspections on all Mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Evaluate and improve the preventive maintenance plans as proposed by suppliers, create and update corresponding sheets.
- Ensures systematic review, application and optimisation of lubrication program for all Mechanical equipment.
- Carry out specific inspections (Basic vibration analysis, Balancing and laser alignment, noise, temperature, and other Mechanical measurements).
- Preparation of daily work schedule for PM tasks in accordance with equipment needs while utilising SAP document and monitor equipment history files.
- Develop and maintain a predictive maintenance program (Routes) for the plant and monitor progress and effectiveness of the preventive program and initiate any changes where necessary.
- Counter check parameter settings for all the critical equipment and new installations e.g. Alarm levels.
- Report Inspection findings and make recommendations to the Engineering management of the preventive and corrective work or improvements to be performed based on his analysis.
- Performs on call duties for Mechanical Works
- Other duties and assignments as necessary.
Qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer Job
- Ordinary Diploma or Higher Diploma manufacturing Industry or Bsc. Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in a busy environment most preparable working in a cement processing , heavy machinery, soda ash , edible oils etc
- Good in Vibration analysis, laser alignment and balancing
- Computer proficiency in Ms Excel, MS Project, Vibration analysis software, Word.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Laws and Regulations.
- Engineering drawings reading skills.
- Experience in a full cement manufacturing plant will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you feel you fit the above role apply through this link http://talentboard.co.ke/display-job/2179