The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Responsibilities for the Data Management Officer Job
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of NRC projects
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Support the development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Process and analyse routine M&E data captured by NRC and partners staff such as beneficiary registration and verification, baseline/endline surveys, and Post Distribution
- Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support the Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardize data and vulnerability analysis
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff at Area level to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Support Projects staff to develop templates for M&E data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Provide training for NRC and partner organisation on relevant aspects of data management.
- Conduct ad hoc data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the M&E Coordinator.
- Support ME and CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Support M&E Team to harmonize and develop feedback and complaints mechanisms tools using appropriate technologies
Data Management Officer Job Qualifications
- Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or R is desirable.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
- Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates to apply through this link. Deadline is 3rd March 2017.