The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against HIV and AIDS for Pediatric and families. In 2015-2016, EGPAF is supporting activities in 19 countries. In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in 12 counties. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF seeks to recruit Program Admin and Logistics assistant reporting to be based in Homa Bay and Turkana County. (3 positions)
To provide assistant to Finance/Administrative Assistance in administering the finance and administration tasks of EGPAF Field office by providing program/training workshops logistics, accounting and administrative support and in addition, implement administrative procedures to ensure cost effective and timely handling of business administrative issues.
Responsibilities for the Program Admin & Logistics Assistant Job
- Work towards the achievement of the Foundation’s goals efficiently and effectively.
- Work in close collaboration and cooperation with the other project Finance/Admin Assistant staff, Nairobi based Office Administrator and Finance/HR Manager.
- Responsible for the day to day logistics of program trainings/workshops, management/tracking of the Field office program advances and monitoring/audit of sites/facilities suppliers and inventories.
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Field office Finance/Admin Assistant.
- To provide administrative logistics needed for the management of program trainings and workshops.
- To provide assistance in handling and management of field office travel and program advances.
- To ensure that all financial returns received from the sites/facilities and field staff are complete, accurate and timely.
- To maintain updated field advances data tracking spreadsheet.
- To ensure that all checks issued by the field office are dispatched to vendors and obtain receipt thereof.
- To monitor/audit the use of funds advanced to the sites/facilities.
- To review and evaluate cash advance request submitted by sites/facilities.
- To maintain electronic advance data base to track program advances.
- To coordinate the logistics for workshops, seminars and trainings.
- To facilitate hotel bookings, transportation, logistics and other travel needs for field staff.
- To provide logistical and clerical support to the program staff as needed.
- To assist in ensuring that all supplies to the facilities are well a counted for and recorded in the facility supply inventory register.
Requirements for the Program Admin & Logistics Assistant Job
- Minimum Degree in related Business Field.
- CPA II or equivalent.
- Experience working in a donor funded project will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours.
- Able to work in team settings and willingness to learn.
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences.
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares.
How To Apply