Looking for an entry level job Accounting job in Kenya? Have a look at this new job vacancy paying 35-40K and apply. Also included is a sample CV.
UPO (Unlimited Profit Opportunities) limited is a medium-sized financial advisory firm licensed to practice financial consulting offering professional services including: Business Consulting; Business Mentoring; Financing Solutions; Project Management and, Training. The firm has clients spanning corporate organizations, SMEs and SACCO Societies.
They are currently looking to fill the position of an Accountant.
As the Accountant, you will prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. You will also be tasked to document financial transactions by entering account information, among other duties.
Requirements for the Accounting job include Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Management.
Below is a Sample CV for an Accounting Job
Date of Birth: xxx
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFCATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant, KCA University
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)- Vision Institute of Professionals
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, B (Plain), Name of High School, 2000-2003
Registered member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with word processing, excel spreadsheets, accountancy packages and power point Ability to compile, verify, analyse, interpret and disseminate critical financial data
- Ability to work well with Computerized Accounting, QuickBooks, Sage And Pastel, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Power Point, Ms-Access, Internet
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with limited resources
Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, & have attention to detail
Assistant Accountant; Strathmore Finance department (2008-2011)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Petty cash managements-reimbursements to staff for office expenditure, paying casual staff
- Posting of expenses on to the financial system
- Filling NSSF,NHIF returns
- Payment of suppliers
Intern-Finance/Accounts Department; Name of Company, Duration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisted in establishing and maintaining cash controls, recruited new clients
- Maintained revenue and expenditure reports, maintained efficient filling systems
- Received and issued cash, established, maintained and reconciled the general ledger
- Monitored cash reserves, prepared and reconciled bank statements
- Issued cheques for all accounts due, assisted in preparing income statements
- Assisted in preparing balance sheets
Significant Work Experience:
Intern-Finance/Accounts Department, Lake Basin Development Authority, 2007
Reading, Youth activities & Community Service
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance.
All the best as you apply!