Human Rights Monitoring Internships at Kenya Human Rights Commission
The KHRC is seeking young graduates who are looking to gain practical experience in the field of Human Rights. The successful interns will be spread across our programme and institutional support areas for a period of six (6) months.
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Program Advisor – Human Rights Monitoring
Qualifications for the Human Rights Monitoring Internship
- Applicant should hold an undergraduate degree in Law (LL.B).
- Applicant should have successfully completed studies at the Kenya School of Law; (those currently undertaking pupilage or awaiting admission to the bar will also be considered)
- Applicant should demonstrable experience and interest working on international law and human rights.
- Demonstrable interest on emergent human rights issues in Kenya.
- Flexibility to undertake urgent travels and work beyond regular office hours on a need basis.
- Ability to undertake research and draft reports
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Keen willingness to learn
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, and Research Skills
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, possess the ability to follow standard operating procedures, are self-starters and functional problem solvers with the ability to learn.
How to Apply
Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. The cover letter should include a brief overview of the candidate’s suitability for the role, including an outline of relevant past research and advocacy experience. CVs should be a maximum 3 pages long and should include relevant past education and experience.
Candidates are encouraged to visit KHRC’s website to learn more about our work before applying: http://www.khrc.or.ke.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th March 2017. Applications submitted past this date will not be considered.