Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with WASH, Education, ICLA, FSL, Distribution and Protection field teams to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports
- Conduct and support regular surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Supporting the Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft the regular projects’ M&E report
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project inputs and outputs (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis for compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports
- Maintain and update the Area M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing
- Assist in making data entry forms and reports as required
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; and prepare the required of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Assist with the production of maps and other geographic information products
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Job
- University degree preferably in (Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Project Management, Community Development) or other relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in field of humanitarian/development M&E implementation
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (eg construction) activities.
- Training in monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in Excel is a must, as well as advanced use of Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and tools
- Experience in use of large datasets for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Ability to make quick and smart judgments in recommending alternative solutions within changed ground scenarios
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Good understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no. Email and paper applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is 21st March 2017.