Accountant Job at ActionAid
We are a nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives of children and families around the world. We focus on early childhood care and education, children’s rights, empowerment of women and girls, maternal/child health, and grassroots community development.
The successful applicant will have a total of 3 years’ experience in Administration/Finance/Marketing having worked in a similar position.
Key Functions for the Accounting Job
- Assist in the coordination of events held, geared at increasing awareness of courses offered in Helix and increasing the uptake of participants
- Frequently maintain contact and gather feedback from clients and participants on our client relationship management (CRM) database
- Facilitate and coordinate the travel logistics and in country stay for all course participants during course seasons
- Compile feedback forms, lessons learnt and action plans for each course
- Coordinate and handle the administrative logistics around staff when going for trainings
- Track domain expenses and periodically give status reports
- Manage the internal training calendar for the team
- Update internal trackers , smart sheets and sites as guided
- Streamline and ensure efficient in administrative activities within the organization.
- Work closely with finance team for quarterly reports and tracking
- Assist in monitoring, reporting and invoicing of various projects within the Agresso.
- Coordinate internal events and activities
Qualifications for the Accounting Job
- This position requires a well-organized, self-motivated individual with strong prioritization skills to effectively and efficiently carry out the desired duties and responsibilities.
- English speaker with local training and experience.
- Self -driven. Motivated, independent individual
- An eye for details, thoroughness an accuracy in work
- Outgoing, energetic, adaptable and flexible team player
Good interpersonal skills
- Computer proficient with strong excel skills
- Excellent ICPARS
- Education Requirements for the Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s level degree in Administration/Accounting/Marketing with Accountancy training
We offer a competitive remuneration based on skill and experience including;
- Group Medical & Life Cover
- Relocation Cost and Housing Covered by the Employer
- Per diem & over night allowance on mission not in duty stations
- Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.