Project Officer, Food Security and Livehoods Job at ICE NGO
Purpose of Position
To provide support in the implementation (including development, planning, management and monitoring) of the Food Security and Livelihoods projects at the Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) through the management, documentation, coordination, and sustenance of the project activities.
Responsibilities for the Project Officer Job
- Undertake the formulation, development and planning of specific projects’ goals and objectives within the Food Security and Livelihoods Programme.
- Undertake the conceptualization, innovation, planning and management of projects as well as the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Prepare project documentation by ensuring consistency with goals, objectives and organizational strategic plan
- Participate in developing annual work plans for the Food Security and Livelihoods programme.
- Guide and supervise field contact persons and identifying their training needs and organizing their capacity-building trainings.
- Provide information and support to the farmer groups to ensure implementation of activities in accordance with the programmes objectives and organizational strategic objectives
- Provide recommendations for the developing of organizational policy which promote community Food Security and Livelihoods
- Support collaboration and partnership with relevant government bodies/departments (at national and county levels) and partner NGOs in activities related to Food Security and Livelihoods in the target areas
- Provide information needed for and participating in developing periodic and annual reports
- Coordinate FSL project activities to contribute to the achievement of overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Participate in developing project proposals for FSL and other organizational programmes
- Develop and implement a value chain of farmer groups produce that support community sustainability
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of Food Security and Livelihoods projects and appraisal of field contact persons.
- Lead in development and implementation of media and advocacy plan on FSL
- Lead in conducting basic research on FSL emerging issues
Qualifications for the Project Officer Job
- Minimum of degree in Agricultural Education and Extension, Agronomy or Agriculture related course on food or crop production.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a related field Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in diverse cultural contexts, harsh environments with limited resource
- Good organization and time management skills
- Commitment to ICE Vision, Core Values and Mission statement ethos
- Those with some understanding and experience of the working relationship with donors and developing funding proposals have an upper hand
- Ability to work towards achieving quality and timely results and
- Communicating information effectively both orally and in written form
- Exhibiting innovation and creativity
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for the position, please submit your cover letter/application and CV through;
Email: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach ICE by 24th April 2017 by 5pm. Please note: Applicants may not be considered for positions without a completed application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is prohibited and any culprit will be disqualified