IT Graduate Internships in Kenya at Plan International
Location: Nairobi, Kisumu & Kilifi
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Dimensions of the Role
S/he will be a learning assistant in the management of IT infrastructure and Information Security.
S/he will learn the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems, hardware and software and related IT infrastructure.
IT Graduate Internship Responsibilities
- Provide IT related support, and based on a review of IT status, needs, and management in the office, draft information management plans, including automation, digitization and telecommunication
- Co-ordinate the support for technical operation of organizational IT applications and systems including but not limited to Plan’s online systems (SAP, Global HRIS, Local HRIS and ChildData), Plan’s online services (Planet, Email, and Business Online) MS Office, Desktop OS, Server OS and mobile/remote users.
- Coordinate the introduction and technical operation of organizational IT systems and applications.
- Installation of new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems,
- Management of the office multi-user IT network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities.
- Acquisition planning of specific IT hardware and software, and its introduction into the office, including its maintenance.
- Organisation of IT training and support for IT users.
- Implementation IT policies, maintenance of network and Plan’s systems, and assist the implementation of new systems in offices.
- Maintenance of the IT infrastructure systems including WAN applications per Global and Country standards.
Qualifications for the IT Graduate Internship
- Graduates from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Studies or equivalent
- Training in telecommunication technologies, Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows,
- SQL Server, Exchange server) and Cisco technologies) is an added advantage.
- IT service delivery and IT governance
- IT service support; technical skills in IT infrastructure and/or applications
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Problem-solving skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- Reporting skills
- Customer care and remote support application usage
How to Apply