Procurement Graduate Internship at Plan International
Location: Nairobi, Kisumu & Kilifi
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Dimensions of the Role
This role provides a learning opportunity for the incumbent as they support in procurement of goods and services by making timely and cost-effective buying decision that secure value for money to the organization.
Procurement Graduate Internship Responsibilities
- Review of purchase requisitions to ensure specifications on request meet market standards and user requirements.
- Contract preparation and management
- Negotiations with vendors for the best prices in the market and quality services/goods to ensure Plan
- International gets value for money.
- Processing of procurement transactions in SAP i.e request for quotation, purchase orders, goods receipt notes etc.
- Preparation of accurate and quality monthly and quarterly procurement reports
- Keep proper and up to date filing system for all procurement documents for ease of reference.
- Maintain and regularly update suppliers/ services providers databank
- Accurately update procurement tracker on weekly basis and share the same with user departments.
- Expedite timely delivery of goods and services to ensure timely and quality project implementation.
Qualifications for the Procurement Graduate Internship
- Graduates from Kenyan universities/reputable colleges
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, or Bachelor of Commerce/ Business
- Administration (Procurement option)
- CIPS certification is an added advantage
- Analytical and cost-effective decision making
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Excellent proficiency in SAP procurement
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex tender details
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
How to Apply