Admin & Finance Assistant Job at Danish Refugee Council
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is part of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC). DRC has operated in Kenya since 2005, and DDG’s programme in Kenya started in July 2012.
DDG has armed violence reduction programmes in many other countries in the region including Somaliland, Somalia, Yemen, South Sudan and Uganda. One of DDG Kenya’s three thematic focus areas is community safety in border areas.
This position is established to support the implementation of the Collaboration for Improved Border Security and Management (CIBS) Programme in Wajir
The Admin and Finance Assistant (A&FA) supports the Project Coordinator in implementing the CIBS programme in Wajir, in relation to all financial aspects of the project.
The A&FA will ensure efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of DDG’s Wajir office and the project activities.
She/he will ensure compliance with DDG’s Operations Handbook alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from the Head of Admin and Finance and the Regional Finance Officer.
Requirements for the Admin & Finance Assistant Job
- A recognised accounting qualification (CPA or ACCA)
- A basic degree (Economics / Accounting / Finance or Business Administration) or compensating relevant work experience.
- 2 years experience in financial management/administration within an non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- Experience in donor compliance
- Experience of donor reporting ideally within the NGO sector
- Experience of analysing financial information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in one of the local languages spoken in Wajir is an advantage;
- Fluency in English. Strong command of written English and ability to speak clearly to various audiences;
- High degree of computer literacy; including high capacity to use excel.
Admin & Finance Assistant Job Personal Qualities
- Organised, punctual and delivers on time,
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire staff and partners,
- Excellent networking skills,
- Passionate about promoting a Kenya free of armed violence and conflict
- Intelligent and creative mind that will enable him/her to identify new and suitable solutions to local safety needs; Diplomatic, patient and persistent,
- Analytical and able to present logical arguments,
- Curious and seeks out information, strong drive to learn new things and improve own capacity,
- Takes initiative – identifies what needs to get done and does it,
- Hard working and driven to achieve objectives, Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good team player, culturally sensitive and able to resist external pressure
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and a CV.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager.
Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 18th August, 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.