Senior Accountant Jobs at Branch.co
Branch.co delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. The spread of smartphones presents an incredible opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch.co is revolutionizing banking in Kenya, Tanzania & Nigeria and will soon expand to other countries in Africa and in other regions across the globe.
You will be part of a talented, passionate team that is determined to make a positive impact on the lives of our customers. You will join a team with unmatched experience in financial technology and emerging markets. Since our launch in April 2015, we’ve disbursed over 1 million loans to over 300,000 customers. Our success has led to investments from Silicon Valley’s leading VCs.
The Senior Accountant will work under the Finance Manager Africa. This will be a permanent role that will involve, accounting, reporting and analysis as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Perform cross country accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions with deep understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Be able to set up accounting books and procedures for new countries
- Take charge of month end procedures and timelines
- Assist with testing and receiving final approval for accounting software reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with interim and annual external audit including completing required materials such as schedules.
Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual statutory and regulatory filings for all countries where Branch operates
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for each country covering Disbursements, Repayments and Net-cash, third party contracts such as M-pesa, Vodafone, Cellulant
- Assist in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Perform Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis using the available business intelligent tools
- Assist in developing financial models, analyses and dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives
- Assist in analyzing complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications for the Senior Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance related areas and a CPA qualification
- More than 2 years of solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
- Experience working with accounting software, QuickBooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Highly analytical with high proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to run a meeting and comfortably convey instruction
- Self-motivated, Creative and a Self-Initiator
- Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with short timelines on deliverables and multiple request at a time
- Comfortable with Start-up environment; Aggressive goals and targets, Open company culture, Flat company structure and strong Team spirit
How to Apply
To apply please follow this Link
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.