Human Resources Assistant Job at USAID
Incumbent serves as Human Resources Information, Immigration Services and Mission Statistics Assistant in the Human Resources Office located in USAID/Kenya and East Africa Mission providing a wide range of personnel services to the USAID/Kenya and East Africa Mission to including Somalia Office and Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA.
The incumbent is responsible for providing all Mission statistics, and must provide regular updates to senior management, i.e., Deputy Mission Directors, the Controller and Embassy counterparts, and the Embassy Management Office.
In addition to this the incumbent liaises with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (MFA & IT), National Treasury, and the Department of Immigration in obtaining required documentation for all USAID/Kenya and East Africa non-Kenyan employees, including US Direct Hires (USDH), US Personal Services Contractors (USPSC), Third-Country Nationals (TCN), employees under a Participating Agency Service Agreement (PASA), Technical Advisors in AIDS and Child Survival (TAACS), Fellows, Foreign Service Nationals, and Contractors; and also the Consular Section of the American Embassy regarding American passports, both diplomatic and ordinary.
Human Resources Assistant Job Requirements
- Education: Two years of collegiate study in Social Sciences, Human Resources or Business Management is required.
- Prior Work Experience: A minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources or related customer service work with a US Government Agency, the GoK, or an international NGO or donor organization is required.
- Post Entry Training: Local training in USG/USAID human resources and workforce planning procedures and processes and WEBPASS training will be provided on the job. Other training will be provided as needed for successful performance of the work.
- Language Proficiency (List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (sp/read): Fluency in English (Level IV) is required; a good working knowledge of Swahili (Level III) is also required.
- Job Knowledge: A thorough knowledge, or the ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge, of USAID/Personnel Handbooks, the ADS, USAID/Kenya and East Africa Personnel Mission Orders, the Foreign Affairs Manuals and Handbook, US Standardized Regulations, and GoK employment policies is required.
- Skills and Abilities: A thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. The incumbent must be able and willing to work additional hours beyond the established 40‑hour workweek and outside the established Monday‑Friday work week as may be required or necessary; be willing and able to travel extensively throughout the region as/when necessary or requested in direct support of the USAID/Kenya and East Africa EXO/HR and overall Mission Strategic Goals and Objective(s); the incumbent must be a self‑starter.