Busia County Jobs Plant Operator (7 Posts)
Pursuant to Article 235 1 (b) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and sec.59 1 (b) of the County Government Act, the county Government of Busia wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in various Departments as given below:
Plant Operator Job Responsibilities
- Operating heavy earth moving equipment of different ratings as authorized
- Keeping monthly records of services of the plants
- Preparing monthly and weekly service schedules and ensuring they are followed
- Guiding turn boys and machine attendants
- Preparing minor defects on machines
- Liaising with the officer in charge for major repairs
- Supervising cleanliness of the plant and assisting in training junior plant operators
Requirements for the Plant Operator Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Passed occupation trade test III for Plant operators
- Ability to operate at least two machines of difficult rating’ B
- A valid driving license (special class)
- Suitability test for drivers grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads
- First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institute
- Certificate of good conduct, from the CID
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to specify the positions applied for. All applications should reach the undersigned on or before 16th January, 2017.
Busia County Public Service Board,
P. O. Private Bag, 50400,
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Busia County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs.