Hotel Jobs in Kenya
Vacancy:Restaurant Assistant Manager
Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards and company policies.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service. Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
- At least 1 year experience in managerial position and 3 years’ experience in restaurant operations
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Restaurant management experience is an absolute requirement
Application letter and cc to be sent to email@example.com with the ref: assistant restaurant manager