Liason Officer Jobs at Kakamega County, Kenya
(KCASB 9) One Position
Liason Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the Clerk of the County assembly and will be responsible for;
- Convening public relations and media related meetings and chairing the sessions while ensuring all minutes are taken and filed,
- Coordinating all public relations related activities including publishing of brochures, handbooks, flyers, news bulletins CDs etc,
- Updating of County Assembly websites in liaison with the IT department,
- Coordinating of the outreach program,
- Issuing press releases, react to media stories and proactive media reporting through the available channel and
- Coordinating with the County Assembly Broadcast Unit on broadcast/media aspects.
Requirements for Appointment for Liason Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelors degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or any Social Sciences,
- Diploma in Mass Communication, Diploma in Public Relations or a Diploma in Social Science,
- Have served as a public Communication/Media Relations Officer for a minimum period of (3) years,
- Be competent in use of IT as a working tool.
Preferential Criteria During Selection
Suitably qualified applicants will enjoy preferential treatment in the order below;
- Applicants serving in positions at the County Assembly of Kakamega on secondment by the Transition Authority
- Applicants serving in the County Assembly of Kakamega
- Applicants serving in the Public Service in the Republic
- Applicants who are residents in Kakamega County
- Applicants from the rest of the country
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit their application Letters, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their telephone, Copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting testimonials,
Certificates of clearance from Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission, Higher Education Loans Board, Criminal Investigations Department, and Kenya Revenue Authority as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
Candidates with Foreign Degrees MUST obtain accreditation from Commission of Higher Education of Kenya,
All applications should be delivered in a sealed envelope and clearly indicate the position applied for and the reference on the top left corner of the envelop and be addressed to;
County Assembly of Kakamega
P.O Box 1470-50100,
And be posted to the above address or hand delivered to the office of the Clerk of the County Assembly located at the premises of the County Assembly of Kakamega (Formerly County Council of Kakamega)
Online applications should be emailed to email@example.com. So as to reach the Clerk of the Assembly on or before Friday 27th July, 2015.
NOTE: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.