Chief Corporate Communications Manager Jobs at NEMA, Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) is established under the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) of 1999, and as amended thereto, as the Principal Instrument of Government in the implementation of all policies relating to the environment.
The Authority invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position:
Chief Corporate Communications Manager
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director General for development of a strong and vibrant corporate image of the Authority.
Communication Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties at this level will include but not limited to;
- Developing high impact communication campaigns;
- Advising the Authority on appropriate communication policies, Strategies and Programmes;
- Providing interface between the Authority and other stakeholders;
- Monitoring public perception about NEMA and advising management accordingly;
- Corporate branding;
- Coordinating Media relations;
- Guiding internal communication;
- Coordinating Authority’s functions;
- Lobbying organizations to integrate environmental conservation in their corporate social responsibility activities;
- Preparing high impact publicity materials
- Supervising, guiding, appraising and developing staff in the section.
Requirements for Appointment of Communication Jobs in Kenya
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- A Bachelors and masters degree in public relations, communications or journalism or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Corporate Communication field three (3) of which must be at a senior level.
- Demonstrated professional competence in corporate communication and Public Relations
- Postgraduate qualification in management or administration
- Meets the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Well developed ICT Skills
- Planning, Coordinating & Management Skills.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials, current remuneration, current position / grade, expected salary and a daytime telephone contact should be forwarded to the address below by 30th July, 2015
The Director General
Popo Road, off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
N/B: NEMA is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.