Accountant Jobs At Alternate Doors In Kenya
Our Client is a Clearing and Forwarding Company currently recruiting an Accountant.
Accountant Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Receive supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them into the system after they are reviewed by the Finance Manager.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash position and weekly highlight report
- Post all monthly transfers to the sites and ascertain their usage is supported by necessary documents.
- Liaise with operations and sites for accounting of fuel usage weekly for the purpose of payment
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of cost per item of all regular expense items.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
- Liaise with the Finance Manger to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Settle outstanding accounts within the credit terms agreed with the supplier and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
- Review and query petty cash payments from the sites
- Check petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
- Oversee preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
- Promptly obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare budget for the sites & review any variances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
- Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure and keep an updated list of all company assets.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
Qualifications For Accountant Jobs In Kenya
- A CPA finalist / Graduate / audit experience with administration / human resource background will be ideal.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience
- Immediate Start
How To Apply
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com