Life is tough, no doubt about that, but how you view it depends on how you are living. Make all moments count and use every obstacle and disappointment as a stepping stone to moving forward.
Make these positive promises to yourself and keep them forever
1. “I will not hold the past against myself.”
Your problems, your weaknesses, setbacks, regrets and mistakes teach you if you’re willing to learn. Take everything as a lesson learned.
2. “I will own my life and never deny responsibility for it.”
You may have learned that you should blame your parents, your teachers, the education system, the government, etc., but never to blame yourself. If you want to let go and move on with your life, you’re the only person who can make it happen. It’s YOUR move to make. It’s YOUR responsibility.
3. “I will speak kindly and consciously to myself.”
Stay mindful, and ask yourself, “If I had a friend who always spoke to me in the same way that I am speaking to myself right now, how long would I allow that person to be my friend?”
4. “I will listen to what my heart and soul is telling me.”
Pay attention to your authentic feelings, and follow where they lead.
5. “I will live a life that feels right to me, not one that looks right to others.”
Give yourself permission to follow the path that makes YOU happy.
6. “I will let go of relationships that are obviously not meant to be.”
Most people come into your life temporarily simply to teach you something. Not all relationships last, but the lessons these relationships bring to you do. If you learn to open your heart and mind, anyone can teach you something worthwhile
7. “I will not let any situation permanently steal my smile.”
Take a moment to reflect on the things that have real and lasting meaning in your life. And then smile about how far you’ve come. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.
8. “I will celebrate and appreciate the life I have.”
Focus on what you can do today, not on what you could’ve or should’ve done yesterday.
9. “I will realize and use my power to make a difference.”
In a world filled with doubt, you must dare to dream. In a world filled with anger, you must dare to forgive. In a world filled with hate, you must dare to love. In a world filled with distrust, you must dare to believe.
10. “I will dedicate myself to personal excellence.”
Excellence is never an accident and it cannot be judged by looking at where you are at any given point in time, but by measuring the distance you have traveled from the point where you started.
11. “I will keep stretching myself beyond my previous level of comfort.”
Just because you’re struggling doesn’t mean you’re failing. Every great success requires some type of worthy struggle to get there.
12. “I will embrace the changes I know I need to make.”
Life is a balancing act of holding on and letting go. Embrace the changes you know you need to make.