The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development, was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain national roads.
In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority wishes to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Surveyor
Department: Planning and Environment / Design & Construction
Reporting to: Senior Surveyor
Supervises: Survey Assistants
Purpose of the Job:
The Surveyor shall be responsible for carrying out survey and mapping work in accordance with standards and specification for the Authority’s roads.
Responsibilities for the Survey Jobs:
- Preparing survey annual work plans;
- Undertaking all surveys, mapping and GIS functions required in the design, implementation / construction and maintenance of road projects;
- Providing survey data during feasibility studies and final designs;
- Identifying survey requirements and standards for specific areas;
- Assisting in the accurate mapping of roads, road reserves and related functions in digital form
- Maintaining an inventory of roads records;
- Organizing and preparing survey specifications and Terms of Reference for survey work;
- Carrying out evaluation and certification of works submitted by Survey and Mapping Consultants;
- Supervising civil works during construction;
- Liaising with other departments in the Authority, Ministries and Agencies on survey matters;
- Supervising work of survey consultants engaged by the Authority;
- Preparing periodic reports for the section;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Senior Surveyor.
Qualifications for the Survey Jobs:
- Served as an Assistant Surveyor or a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
Bachelor’s degree Surveying and Photogrammetry or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Associate membership of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) (Land Surveyors Chapter);
Proficiency in Computer applications / Microsoft office Suite applications skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computerized Geographical Information Systems and Operating GIS equipment will be an added advantage
- In addition to the above requirements, a candidate must have the following key personal attributes and core competencies:
- Ability to articulate, interpret and implement Authority policies and Development goals,
- Organizational, analytical and decisive
- Creativity and innovation, Technical Problem solving,;
- Integrity and commitment to producing results, Passion for continuous professional development.
- People management, Analytical and Negotiation skills , Project and Contract management, Policy formulation and implementation, Planning, Coordination and Strategy implementation and Resource management skills
How to Apply:
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and attach the following testimonials to the application;
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by Kenya Police – CID
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 28th October, 2016 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road,
P.O Box 49712-00100,
Applications may also be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box located on the 1st Floor (HR Department) or emailed to: email@example.com