(10) POSTS – V/No. 165/2016. Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.48,190 – Ksh.65,290 p.m. – (Job Group ‘N’)
Qualifications for the Gender Officer Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Chief Gender Officer, Job Group ‘M’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Gender and Development, Sociology, Business Administration (Finance/ Entrepreneurship Option), Anthropology, Counselling and Psychology, Economics, Law or any other relevant Social Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a Senior Management Course in a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body (where applicable); and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and
Note: possession of a certificate in Gender Studies, Gender and Development or any other relevant course lasting not less than or in aggregate of at least one (1) month from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Gender Officer Job
- An officer at this level may be deployed at Headquarters or in the Counties. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementing gender policies, projects and programmes; facilitating Gender mainstreaming activities in Ministries/Departments, Counties and Agencies;
- Undertaking research on gender issues; development of gender disaggregated data and management information systems;
- Establishing the level of compliance with the two-third gender principle in
- Ministries and State Departments, Counties and State Corporations; sensitizing of stakeholders on gender related issues; and
- Facilitating formation of community level structure and mobilizing communities to participate in field activities promoting gender and equity and elimination of Female
- Genital Mutilation and Gender Based Violence.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH
DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates. Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016.