Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120,270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m. – (Job Group ‘S’)
Qualifications for the Director, Social Development Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Deputy Director, Social Development, Job Group ‘R’;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Anthropology, Counseling, Gender Studies, Gender and Development or Business Administration/Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Anthropology, Counseling, Gender Studies, Social Studies, Gender and Development Project Planning and Management, Public Policy, Disaster Management or Business Administration/Management from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional, managerial and administrative competence in Social Development functions.
Director, Social Development Job Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will provide overall strategic direction on the implementation of the social development function. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing social development policies, plans and strategies;
- Monitoring and evaluating policies and programmes on community development, older persons and the aging, persons with disabilities, family, matrimonial and succession laws, volunteerism, guidance and counselling;
- Implementing regional and international instruments on social development;
- Facilitating capacity building on mainstreaming disability in public and private sectors;
- Liaising with other institutions and agencies for resource mobilization;
- Providing financial support to vulnerable groups and individuals through grants and cash transfers; and
- Promoting collaboration and cooperation between individuals, communities and organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH
DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates. Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016.