Deadline: 28th December 2016
- Be appointed for a term of three (3) Years, renewable for a further one term subject to satisfactory performance.
- Serve on a part time basis.
- Be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Audit Committee Member Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Have at least ten (10) years professional experience in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting,
- Auditing, Economics, Risk Management, Human Resource Management or any other related field at senior management level in a reputable public or private organization;
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in any of the following: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Risk
- Management, Human Resource Management, Law or any other relevant field from a university recognized in
- Kenya.be a Current member of and in good standing with a relevant and recognized professional body such as
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya(ICPAK), Institute of Human Resource Management(IHRM), Law Society of Kenya etc.;
- Not be present or past employee or an agent of the Public Service Commission for the last two (2) years;
- Be compliant with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity, and must obtain clearances from the following institutions: Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority; Higher Education Loans Board; any of the Credit Reference Bureaus and Criminal Investigations Directorate;
- Have demonstrated professional competence, strong interpersonal skills, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management;
- Have a thorough understanding of relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Risk Management, Human Resource Management and related fields.
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Public Service Commission as well as National Government operations and financial management;
NB. Possession of a Masters’ degree in any of the following: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Risk Management, Human Resource Management or any other relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
Duties and Responsibilities of the Audit Committee Member Job
- Provide strong and effective oversight of the Commission Internal Audit function;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Commission’s performance management and performance information;
- Promote effective and efficient audit process by providing an independent review of the internal audit work plans and reports;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to ensure high standards and functioning of the financial and non-financial internal control system;
- Provide an independent review of the Commission’s reporting functions to ensure the integrity of financial reports;
- Evaluate internal and external audit reports and make appropriate recommendations;
- Undertake independent reviews of the Commission’s financial statements;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of Commission’s financial reporting process; and
- Review the level of compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promote a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour.
How to Apply