This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN
Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy. This position is located in Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Chief, Procurement Officer.
Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Procurement Officers in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
- Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors and funding sources.
- Monitors status of existing requisitions, maintains contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, coordinates shipment of goods/commodities/equipment to HQ and field missions, verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
- Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotations) based on the nature of requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compiles data contained in u, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Procurement Officers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official
- Assist relevant officers in more complex, higher value purchasing operations; coordinates distribution of pertinent documents to concerned parties, ensures appropriate follow-up action etc.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. A certificate or procurement or Contract management training is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administrative services or related area.
- French and English are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable; knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs.
Applications submitted after the deadline 23 December 2016 will not be accepted. CVs will not be accepted. Email: email@example.com
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and
under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.