Job Location: Nairobi (1 Post), Meru (1 Post), Eldoret (1 Post)
Duma works is recruiting a Warehouse Manager for one of our clients.
About the hiring Company
The hiring company is an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa that provides procurement and distribution services to clients that want to improve their agriculture supply chain services and in turn deliver essential farming inputs and other value adding products to clients and consumers in rural Africa.
Taking complete responsibility for the management of the company’s inventory and warehousing operations, in line with the set policies and procedures.
Including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse
Warehouse Managers Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of the organisation’s platform and technology;
- Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client delivery and filling of all related documentation;
- Recruit, train and supervise the warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
- Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages. Take periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
- Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff
- Update all necessary licensing requirements and ensure all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
- Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
- When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
- Identify alternate warehouse facilities when needed;
- Organize and facilitate training on staff, the company’s business partners, and counterparts in warehouse management practice.
- If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls)
- Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
Minimum Skills and Requirements for the Warehouse Managers Job
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Warehouse Management.
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training in Warehouse management, logistics, and business or training in appropriate disciplines.
- Certification in Warehousing/Logistic or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Excellent skills in stock keeping, procurement and supplies and warehouse management.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2570”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2570 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.