This position is responsible for overseeing the design of graphic material and web development requirements of the company across all divisions. The job holder shall work closely with line managers and account executives to discuss business objectives and requirements of the various departments and translating the requirements in to quality design work.
Graphics Designer Job Responsibilities
Web Design & Development:
- Website Maintenance by installing extensions (components, modules & plugins) e.g. security, fixing errors, regular backups, granting access to other privileged users/admins, etc.
- Update, populate and implement relevant content, updating outdated content, coming up with relevant write up / graphic material and product upload.
- Write code specific for a given objective/function on the website: using basic HTML, PHP, and MySQL database design.
- Design artwork for print material required by the company e.g. flyers, brochures, posters, calendars and logos.
- Design content required for social media purposes such as mailshots, e-banners, landing pages, postings and updates.
- Be aware of emerging technologies in new media to ensure quality design output at all times.
- Submit regular reports that relate to all graphics design and web design / development tasks upon completion and implementation.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Carry out SEO by generating proper in-page keywords and Meta tags for the website.
- Ensure SEO for the website on all major search engines e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing and ensure high ranking by ensuring listing of the web URL in the mentioned search engines.
- Conduct Organic and Inorganic SEO on other major social media platforms like Facebook and Blogs and manipulate traffic and Google search console stats and results to ensure that the website is both verified, not blacklisted, web pages are submitted regularly for indexing and proper optimization is done.
Cpanel Administration & Others:
- Carry out regular scans for malware/viruses in mail & home directory which houses the website.
- Ensure Data upload via the Cpanel and regular backup of both website files and databases.
- Carry out Database administration by creating, deleting, updating, and optimizing databases.
- Ensure errors are fixed on the website via Cpanel and check website stats which allow for proper SEO.
- Check process manager to ensure website / Cpanel resources are running at optimum to avoid website crash.
- Provide expertise on other IT / general related operations and tasks issues to users and staff members.
- Provide advice and useful ideas that help make work easy by smoothening operations or providing solutions to ICT issues.
Qualifications for the Graphics Designer Job
- Degree in Graphics and Design or related course
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Graphics, software & web development
- Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator, InDesign, Crystal reports, Graphic design, Web development, SEO, Cpanel and Linux and Windows Server administration
- Knowledge in Domain/Hosting account administration
- Excellent communication skills – be able to communicate effectively within the team as well as with others in the company
- Attention to detail – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Customer focus – recognise both internal and external customer’s needs and balances available resources and skills to strive to exceed them.
- Problem solving skills – be able to break down problems into their essential elements, stay focused on the issue, formulate and assess alternatives
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 20th January 2017 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.