Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Deputy Director-Procurement & Logistics position for one of our clients (Marie Stopes Kenya).
The purpose of this is post is to further the realisation of MSK’s strategic goals by deputizing for the Director of Procurement Logistics and Security when required and leading the Logistics and Procurement team to ensure cost effective, compliant, high quality, timely delivery of all procurement and logistics supporting all MSK’s operations.
Represents the work of MSK to suppliers, reports on progress against all P&L plans.
Strategic Purpose of the Procurement Logistics and Security department: Logistical and Procurement activities for all MSK staff and their work to ensure that it is supported to realize efficiencies, compliance and quality.
Procurement & Logistics Job Key Responsibilities
Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics and warehousing support to the whole MSK programme
- Team Plans;
Personal performance management ;
Development plans; and
Guidance and training of MSK staff on supply chain policies.
- Development, implementation and oversight of all logistics and fleet management
Development of systems and procedures;
- Supervision of procurement activities;
- Monitoring and reporting activities;
- Put in place new supplier pre qualification and audit mechanisms and implement;
- Maintain supplier database and keep up to date;
- Supplier appraisal and feedback; and
- Adherence to all approved supply chain policies.
Prepare operation reports
- Prepare and circulate P&L monthly performance report with reasons for deficiency and action plans to avoid repeat jobs.
Development, implementation and oversight of all logistics and assets management
- Development of systems for assets and logs management;
- Develops and reviews departmental budget to ensure no over expenditure;
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilizing new systems technologies as appropriate;
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to ensure compliance to policies and procedures;
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans;
Planning and import coordination;
- Follows up with project teams to ensure project implementation within agreed timelines and costs;
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices;
- Negotiate supply contracts that conform to MSK policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and added services;
- Guides the warehouse teams on inventory management to ensure JIT and nil stock outs;
- Manage suppliers, prequalification and source audits. Gives recommendation for action on none performing suppliers;
- Manage supplier contracts and ensure adherence to terms and conditions for contract
- Coordinate disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed;
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals;
- Manage all import logistics and coordination with clearing agent and GP&L;
- Undertake procurement planning and review/update of progress;
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis for challenges and implement agreed action plans;
- Reviews/Approves procurement Purchase Order as per thresholds and ensures no errors on Purchase Orders; and
- Controls spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Qualifications for the Procurement & Logistics Job
- B.Sc in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration (with Procurement Option);
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Agent, or Buyer ;
- Knowledge of local supplier base and local laws and regulations;
- MSc in Procurement and Logistics and CIPS qualification will be an added advantage; and
- Professional qualification in Purchasing.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 12th January 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “Deputy Director-Procurement & Logistics” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted