Commercial Manager Job at Lafayette Resources
Our Client seeks to fill the position of a Commercial Manager Transit in Kenya and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The individual will be responsible for insuring that the transit business has continuity and development
Responsibilities for the Commercial Manager Job
- Follow ups on timely quotes/queries according to the set group KPIs, 24 hours for general quotes, on or before deadline of tenders or special inquiries
- Ensure financial aspect and service aspects of contracts are clear to all parties.
- Monthly report on client evolution and advising the management of any significant changes.
- Keeping a close monitor on selected client’s performance and holding regular review/KPI meetings with the operation teams.
- Attending regular client meetings and corridor country visits. Uganda on average monthly and other countries on quarterly basis and as and when required by management.
- Monitoring any significant developments by competition and informing management of the same.
- Collecting and analyzing market information to determine company position and help develop and review business strategies.
- Preparing monthly reports to assist forecasting, measuring market share, market trends and demand.
- Monitor monthly/yearly volumes and workout with the rest of the commercial teams on a strategy to secure more volumes and meet the budget figures.
- Ensure that the monthly set budget volumes per country is achieved
- Develop three new clients across the board with an average volume of 50 TEUs per Month
Qualifications for the Commercial Manager Job
- At least 8 years in the freight forwarding / logistics industry, 3 of which should be in a management position
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Management or similar field
- Previous experience of managing senior commercial teams must have a clear understanding of commercial processes.
- Experience with large, organizations preferred;
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy and attention for detail.
- Excellent communication, report writing, analytical, planning, people management, and interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong business acumen with the ability to make a significant contribution to performance and profitability;
- Should poses strong strategic thinking and execution skills;
How To Apply
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at email@example.com and include your current and expected remuneration
Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.