Accountant Job at Summit Recruitment
Our client, a family owned Flower Company with a dynamic workforce is currently looking to recruit an Accountant. The successful candidate MUST have an excellent track record working with an ERP system, excellent personality, professional and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities for the Accountant Job
- Timely and accurate filing of the company’s statutory obligations i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA & HELB on a monthly basis.
- Effecting monthly payroll journals (JVs) in the ERP.
- Creation of new stock items in the ERP.
- Ensure Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) on staff loans is timely remitted to tax authority.
- Carry out bank reconciliations on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of monthly VAT returns to tax authority.
- Ensure timely completion of the VAT Audit and filing of any VAT Claims.
- Establish and maintain the Fixed Assets Register of the Company.
- Functional assistant to the Finance Manager.
- Posting Journal entries to the Accounting System upon approval by the Finance Manager.
- Assist with monthly stock takes.
- Approving Stock Issuance Notes once keyed into the system by Store clerk.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Must be a CPA – K.
- A bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be willing to work on Saturdays.
- Must be willing to work in a high-pressure environment.
- A minimum of 3 years’ corporate experiences working as a general accountant.
- Candidates with a background in management account will have a distinct advantage.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. 25th May 2017