Document Controller Job at Base Titanium
Base Titanium is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large scale mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of a dynamic and progressive organization.
With the upcoming implementation of the Kwale Phase 2 (KP2) Expansion Project which is designed to maximize the overall Kwale project returns, we have a vacancy in the Project Team for a Document Controller. We encourage pragmatic and pro-active candidates who can work well in a team and have strong integrity to apply.
As a key member of the Project Team, you will report to the Project Cost and Controls Engineer and be responsible for maintaining up to date document management systems for the Kwale Phase 2 Project.
Duties for the Document Controller Job
- Maintaining the currency and security of all the project registers and information including but not limited to correspondence, drawings and scope and design variations.
- Establishing and maintaining the Master Document Register in cooperation with the Project Team.
- Processing incoming and outgoing documentation.
- Project Office Administration and Coordination.
- Helping in the management of scopes of works and associated tender documentation.
- Assisting in the Project Planning function when the Project Planner is away.
Document Controller Job Requirements
- A Diploma/or BSc. in Mechanical/Electrical/Engineering related discipline.
- Experience in planning and scheduling software use (MS Projects).
- To be systematic and have a high attention to detail.
- To be able to follow through with tasks promptly and work under pressure.
- Kenyan Citizenship.
- A Strong leadership and a people oriented outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desirable skills/experience include:
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Knowledge and/or experience with computer managed maintenance systems (CMMS), preferably Pronto.
- Knowledge in using document control software.
This is a fixed term contract with an expected duration of 13 months. Applicants must be willing and able to start work immediately.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the Project Cost and Controls Engineer online at www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 30th May 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a practical and written assessment and also attend a panel interview.
How to Apply
Apply now at http://www.teamiq.com/BaseTitanium/2676
Applications should be complete and submitted before the close of business on 30 May 2017.