Grants Writer Job at Hivos NGO
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
This position is an integral part of the Hivos Fundraising Team. S/he is responsible for fund development activities for the organization. These activities include grant writing, supporting programme development; and supporting reporting to donors.
Specifically, s/he is responsible for writing proposals in conjunction with Programme Development Officers and Programme Managers.
Grants Writer Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to bilateral donors, foundation and corporate sources based on programme development plans and proposals from Programme Development Officers
- Perform prospect research with Programme Development Officers on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with Programme Managers to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programmes.
- Support grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Communications Officer & Monitoring Officer to provide regular written updates to donors.
- Understanding of organizational structure, functions and needs.
- Understanding of institutional history and programmes.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the grant application process for major multilateral and bilateral donors (mandatory) including EU, Global Fund and bilateral donors.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals (mandatory).
- Strong editing skills & attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies (mandatory).
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research (mandatory).
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources (e.g. grants database).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to incorporate accurate and pertinent information in the proposal or application.
- Strong contributor in team environments. Must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Qualifications for the Grants Writer Job
- Minimum of three years experience with grant writing (mandatory).
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position by 5th May, 2017.
Your letter should state your current and expected salary.