Accountant/Credit Controller Job at the Kenya Meat Commission
Kenya Meat Commission invites application from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacant position in its establishment.
Grade: KMC 6
The Credit Controller will report to the Chief Accountant
Responsibilities for the Accountant Job
- Review the commission’s credit control procedure and develop and implement enhancements where required
- To manage the outstanding sales balances due and contact customers before the balances become overdue to confirm payments.
- Set and monitor credit limits. To stop sales to customers exceeding their credit limits of credit days
- Where required initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To keep the commission up to date with new credit management procedures and techniques.
- Set collection targets and measure performance of individual staff members under you
- Ensure 75% of credit sales are collected by the end of the following month.
- Introduce weekly/fortnightly invoicing and collections cycle for key accounts customers and other institutional debtors.
- Anticipate developments in the section, and identify accounts that will require special attention
- Follow up payments ensuring all pending payments are received within less than 30calendar days of invoicing.
- Handle disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payment into line with our credit terms i.e. maximum 30 days’ collection period.
- Maintain accurate individual measurement and performance statistics of accounts in your department while supervising your staff to achieve desired goals
- Obtain sufficient information to access the credit worthiness of new and existing customers before extending further credit
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting) or a related field
- CPA II or its equivalent
- Hands on experience in use of accounting package
- CCP/Credit Management Part II
- Proficiency in computer skills
How to Apply
If you meet the specified minimum requirements, send your application together with your curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and 3 referees with their daytime telephone contacts to the undersigned:
All applicants should also have:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Police
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Certificate from a registered Credit Reference Bureau,
- Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
Deadline: 31st May 2017
The Managing Commissioner,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org