Hansard Reporter Job at Parliament
Duties for the Hansard Reporter Job
- Ensuring timely and accurate transcription.
- Undertaking independent verbatim reporting of Parliamentary proceedings and those of relevant committees/functions within or outside Parliament.
- Assisting in drafting duty schedules for Hansard Reporters.
- Preparing transcripts for editing.
- Sorting, checking transcripts from junior officers and amending as necessary.
- Assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross-checking of documents against references.
Hansard Reporter Job Requirements
- Candidates must be in possession of a Bachelor of Arts degree in Linguistics majoring in English and Kiswahili from a recognized university/institution or
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences plus at least a C+ in both English and Kiswahili in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or its equivalent qualification.
How to Apply
Interested persons are required to make their applications specifying the position applied for and the vacancy number and attaching copies of academic certificates and/or testimonials and a duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1 J).
This form can be downloaded from the website of the Parliamentary Service Commission at www.parliament.go.ke or obtained at the reception of the Parliamentary Service Commission Secretariat on the Ground Floor, County Hall,
Parliament Buildings, Parliament Road, Nairobi.
Applications should be addressed to –
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary,
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P.O. Box 41842 – 00100,
or hand delivered during office hours to the Office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, or emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.
- Applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job
- Application (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.