Accountant Country Office Job at Plan International
The purpose of this position is to process payments and transactions in line with the corporate financial system.
Dimensions of Role
The post holder is based at the Country Office and reports to the Country Finance Manager. The post holder may also support the finance staff in the Program Units (Pus).
Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Review all financial commitments and payments requests to ensure compliance with Plan Policies and procedures.
- Process all financial transactions in in the SAP to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Prepare reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure exceptions are identified and dealt promptly.
- Prepare financial management reports on a monthly basis and provide information to the management for decision making.
- Perform physical verification of Assets at least once per year to ensure that all assets are accurately recorded.
- Maintain and manage achieving of financial documents to safe guard financial records and audit trails.
- Prepare monthly payroll and all the related statutory returns; compute staff separation benefits and ensure and periodic PAYE returns are done to ensure adherence to the approved Plan P & C policies, Employment Law and Tax Laws.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- CPA (K) or other professional qualification in accounting.
- B.com or any accounting related discipline.
- At least 3 years accounting experience (preferably in INGO).
- Well versed in computerized accounting packages.
How to Apply