Logistics & Admin Coordinator Job at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
The Logistics & Admin Coordinator has overall responsibility of ensuring efficient and effective organization and coordination of day-to-day operations of Kisumu Program Unit (PU) and Kisumu Hub.
S/he is directly accountable for supporting the Program Unit in managing administrative functions including fleet management, security operations, Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S), property/asset management, storekeeping and warehousing and proactive front end program support to meet project needs and requirements in compliance to donor grants and Plan procedures and systems.
This JD outlines the main areas of duties and accountabilities and if requested by the Area Manager or Program Director will provide program support where appropriate.
Logistics & Admin Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Office Management and General Administration
- Supervision and oversight of the front office operations that ensures a clean, hygienic and risk-free working environment in line with occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Recommends procedural changes, improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users to enhance efficiency of operations.
- Collaborates with others in establishing work priorities, anticipating program requirements and follows up on ensuring appropriate implementation of policies and decisions made by management.
- Oversee and coordinate efficient use of office consumables, inventories and equipment.
- Evaluates adequacy of office space requirements, identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
- Ensuring that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly maintained and updated.
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings.
- Serve as security focal point person for the field office.
- Processing and logging administrative purchase requests in SAP for procurement action and ensure status updates from the procurement tracker are communicated to programmes in a timely manner.
- Facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to local vendors at PU level and follow up with them to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
- Compilation & consolidation of accurate weekly, monthly & quarterly reports and submitting the same for management action in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to relevant Plan International policies by all staff in respective PU.
- Management of office petty cash float and adherence to set expenditure guidelines.
- Responsible for office book-keeping, filing, archiving and records maintenance.
- Ensure program support is provided to the program team in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide IT support in liaison with the IT technical lead at the hub.
Qualifications for the Logistics & Admin Coordinator Job
- Degree in Business Administration or management
- At least 3 years’ of related experience in an NGO environment
- Experience reviewing current work processes and developing/implementing new methods and procedures to promote efficiency is highly desirable
How to Apply