Sometimes you might want to be your own boss and therefore you do the one thing that can make that dream come true, you start your own business. However, after sometime you may want to go back to employment and it can be tricky how you will write such a CV.
Here is a sample CV that self employed people can use when they want to get back into the job market.
Find Out >>> Is Your CV 6-Seconds Worthy?
Sample CV With Self Employment Work Experience
P. O. Box 323 – 00100 Nairobi
Tel: 0733 777777
As a HR professional currently undertaking my Higher Diploma in HR with the Institute of Human Resource Management, I already possess a degree in Business Administration and experience as a HR Assistant at ABC Company and Managing Director of GH Recruitment Firm.
Both experiences have seen me develop skills necessary for growth in the HR Industry.
Currently seeking to get back into the job market to bring immediate value to your company by utilizing my skill set and developing it further.
Date of Birth: 30th April 1991
Educational And Professional Qualification
- Higher National Diploma in HR, ONGOING, Institute of Human Resource Management
- Bachelors’ of Commerce (Business Administration), University of ABC, 2011
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, XXX High School
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership skills
- Management experience and an ability to motivate employees
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to interact with clients, staff and senior management
- Ability to work according to client expectations
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and obtain results
- Proficient in completing all work according to deadline
- Proficient in Ms-Word, Excel, Power point, Publisher, Outlook ,Access, Internet, basic installation &maintenance
- Detail oriented and flexible
CEO and Managing Director
GH Recruitment Firm, November 2016 –to date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the long-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Establish new business contacts, interact with clients.
- Hiring, terminating, guiding and training staff.
- Managing administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization.
- Supporting the organization’s strategic alliances and partnership.
- Ensuring performance goals are met and set.
- Attending and presiding over meetings.
- Representing the organization to the public, key stakeholders and business partner.
- Planning and implementing the annual calendar of activities including fundraising initiatives, special events and the official administrative acts.
- Help create budgets and track expenditures.
- Established and integrated the functional strategies of the company utilizing business expertise to reach financial/operational goals and objectives.
- Analyzed market trends and statistics and utilized findings to achieve 50% company growth.
ABC Company, January 2015 – October 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Wrote and delivered presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resource policies and practices.
- Recruited, interviewed, tested, and selected employees to fill vacant positions.
- Planned and conducted new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Coordinated management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Administered benefits programs such as life and health insurance, pension plans, vacation, annual leave, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Conducted wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepared budget of human resource operations.
- Prepared employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represented organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
Interest And Hobbies
- Reading industry publications concerning the HR industry
- Traveling to new places in search of new ideas
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic, performance and / or any other aspect with respect to me: