Systems Manager Job at M-KOPA Solar
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for Ksh 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting.
After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power. All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company’s proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPANET.
As of November, 2016, M-KOPA employs over 1000 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets. M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT. To ensure that the research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs. The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
Reporting to: Head of Department
Roles for the Systems Manager Job
The successful candidate will be involved in: –
- Analyzing and gathering business requirements for M-Kopa ERP Solution
- Design, develop, integrate, test and train the Dynamics 365 for Operations Services
- Work autonomously and hands-on
- Accountancy background, equivalent experience of working with accounting / financial functions
The current project implementation requires external consultancy which is approximately $ 11,000 per month which can be brought down by internalizing the resource as this project is becoming a long-term project across Finance and Inventory.
Currently it is forecasted to be at least taking another 1 – 1.5 years, if not longer, and this is a capability that we need to start building internally as we plan strategically for market expansion changes, because further implementation will be required.
Systems Manager Job Accountabilities
- Working in the IT Systems Team, which includes specialists for MS Dynamics 365, the incumbent will design, implement or extend the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations solution to replace existing accountancy, finance and HR systems.
- Implement payment gateways and reconciliation systems with Dynamics AX and 365 for operations.
- BA / functional role in identifying new requirements for: -The existing Dynamics 365 system and modules
- New capabilities to be delivered using new modules or features in Dynamics 365
- Understanding of ERP fundamentals, with focus on commercial impact.
Requirements for the Systems Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience within the IT industry with a proven delivery track record
- Must have proven track record of delivering enterprise projects
- Previous consulting experience ideally within a distributed delivery team on site or offshore
- Excellent business analysis, documentation, gap analysis, solution design, application configuration
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Dynamics AX modules such as Finance, Trade & Logistics modules (core & extended) Retail and POS
- Experience in delivering projects using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile approaches
- Must be able to drive projects to completion
- Wider ERP experience beneficial
- Understanding of data migration strategies
- Experience and understanding of external components such as Enterprise Portal, Dynamics Mobile, SQL Analysis Services, SSRS, Power BI, integration
- Microsoft Dynamics AX accreditation
- Beneficial Expertise and Experience
- Any experience of SharePoint Server, O365 advantageous
- Any experience delivering Azure platform based projects hugely advantageous
- Accounting qualifications desirable
- Systems Project management or control
Solid experience with Dynamics AX 2009, 2012 or AX7
Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
How to Apply
To apply, please logon to here. Click on the “click to apply” button adjacent to this job and follow the application instructions. It is advised to complete all the required fields as requested as well as any assessments stipulated as a requirement.
M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview.
Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.